Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Region Issues

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
kate_vanhout
7287 Views, 13 Replies

Plan Region Issues

I am using Revit Architecture 2012 and I am having some issues with plan regions.  I am not able to get my stairs to show up sometimes and I cannot figure out why.  I have attached 2 images of my drawing to show the issue.  The 2 floors in this image are a basement and lower level.  I am on the basement level and the plan region cut plane is set to lower level and it is cut @ 4'.  The top is lower level @ 7'-6" and the bottom and view depth are on basement @0'-0". If I turn the underlay on to show the lower level the stairs show up.  Help!

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

One of the issues is that the stairs are 2 different entities, it affects the representation of the second flight. But, anyway, you can fix the view range by raising the top to the main level with 0 offset, and placing the cut plane somewhere at the midway of the second flight of stairs. To understand view depth, sometimes it is useful to refer to a section view.

See illustration for an example.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 14

I do understand how cut planes work, which is why I cant figure out why they are not showing up... I have attached an image of where my cute plane is... It cuts through the stairs.  The other stairs show up because my view depth is to the basement level.

Message 4 of 14
kate_vanhout
in reply to: kate_vanhout

I have also tried putting a seperate plan region around just that section of stairs and tried a variety of different cut planes and could not get it to show up.

Message 5 of 14

Did you try to set similar view range settings to the ones I show in the illustration?

Another recommendation is not to create intermediate levels (Revit levels), but use offset values (positive and negative) relative to the main levels, to create elements, such as walls, stairs, etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 14

I did also try what you said... they still did not show up.

Message 7 of 14

Well, I don't know if you could post a copy of that file, only with the stairs, the levels, and the views, purged, to see if we can open the file and try.

Message 8 of 14

I won't be able to... my boss doesn't want our floor plans posted online

Message 9 of 14
jim5552

Could it be a phase issue?

Message 10 of 14
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: jim5552

That's why I wrote, just the stairs, the views, and the levels. That is not a floor plan or design, is it?

Message 11 of 14

Well, I see that this discussion ended, unfinished, as soon as we suggested to post a Revit file, just a reduced version of the file, with just levels, views, and stairs, because of this reason:

"I won't be able to...(post the file)... my boss doesn't want our floor plans posted online."

For situations like this, I have created a Consulting Forum, where offices can post their projects or families, in their own private subforum. The address is in my signature if any office is interested in this different kind of assistance.

Message 12 of 14
for.elise

I had a similar problem a few minutes ago.  Then I watched a tutorial video and figured out the issue:

The plan region will not effect the stairs unless the stairs are 100% within the region.  You need to pull the region lines a few milimeters away from the stairs (into your walls a little), and then it works.

Message 13 of 14
rhall
in reply to: for.elise

I have just had the same issue in 2014, it seems that a plan region will not affect a stair unless it encloses the bounding box of the stair.

See attached images

Message 14 of 14
PaulMartinezSD
in reply to: for.elise

This worked for me.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report