Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Region Display Problems

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ArthurMacLeod5818
2676 Views, 6 Replies

Plan Region Display Problems

I have a roof plan where I am showing a high roof and low roof on the same view. I created a plan region around the low roof area and set the cut planes accordingly to show that roof. The walls under the low roof do not correctly display the existing walls losing the phase half tone and hidden lines. See the attached image. I can pick away at the walls one at a time to override the lines, but that is a PITA. Is this a bug problem with Revit 2014 Design Suite or a user problem?

Thanks,

Arthur

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

To help the community get a better idea of how things are set up, please reply with a stripped down version ( < 10mb) of the file from the screenshot.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 7

"...please reply with a stripped down version ( < 10mb) of the file from the screenshot."

Maybe I have been away from this forum too long. I attached a 5.24 MB file and the following message says it's too big.

"Please correct the highlighted errors and try again. The attachment is too large. The maximum file size is: 5,242,880 bytes."

Thanks,

Arthur

Message 4 of 7

Here is a zip file of the Revit project. It should open to the subject view.

Thanks,

Arthur

Message 5 of 7

Thank you for the file. After some research it looks like the issue is due to the fact that the walls on the lower level are outside of the View Range of the Plan Region, and as such, they do not respond to the phase graphic settings. The reason you can see the walls, is that they are within the View Depth of the Plan Region. To fix the issue, lower the View Range of the Plan Region so that it hits the top of the lower walls (set the Bottom of the View Range to -6”).

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 7

Thanks. Works for me. I've always been a bit confused on view depth and view range.

Arthur

Message 7 of 7

I don't have a issue undertanding the view range of a PLAN REGION,..... what I do have a issue with is the following:

I have a my building,.. and when drawing the plan region around my building, I lock/constrain the sketch lines to the actual wall (Centerline / Face)

(this is so that when I move my walls the plan region updates) this works fine

(I can even select my building and move it around the site,... my plan region stays attached to the walls)

THIS ONLY WORKS if the SKETCH LINES are contrained to the wall.

I can even rotate my building, and the planregion will stay attached to the walls.

when I draw a plan region, and offset the sketch lines from my wall, and lock/contrain it,... everything still works,... can still move walls or buidling, and planregion stays attached to the walls. (constantly updating)

but when I try to rotate,..... only trhe building rotates,... not the PLAN REGION,.... which means I have to go reposition plan regions.

why does it work when constrained to the wall,......  (sketchline sits on centerline or face)

BUT NOT when offset from the wall and constrained??

Yeah yeah yeah,..... "our developers are looking into it"  I know that answer,... so don't bother giving me that as an excuse,... cause that is all it is,.. a EXCUSE!!

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report