Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing non elevated roads onto elevated topo?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Erugg21
234 Views, 1 Reply

Placing non elevated roads onto elevated topo?

I have elevated topography and non elevated site data such as roads, sidewalks, etc. in CAD and i want to link this CAD file to Revit and "drape" the roads, sidewalks, etc. onto the elevated topography - eventually to be rendered. Is this possible? If not Revit, is this at all possible?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Erugg21

Erugg21 wrote: > I have elevated topography and non elevated site data such as roads, sidewalks, etc. in CAD and i want to link this CAD file to Revit and "drape" the roads, sidewalks, etc. onto the elevated topography - eventually to be rendered. Is this possible? If not Revit, is this at all possible? Revit 7 allows for you to 'paint' over the top of a topo with other regions and materials. This might serve your purpose, for you could go to a plan view, section up the topo aligning your non-topo info with the new tools in Revit 7 into different materials, and then you'd have your non-topo info 'draped' over the topo... Jeffrey McGrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report