Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing Dimension Text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ScottC
297 Views, 2 Replies

Placing Dimension Text

Hello

I'm looking to accurately place dimensions a set distance from my buildings (2000mm offset, 300mm offsets there after). I've set up both reference planes and model lines but when placing the dims they do not snap to these.

Can anybody help? Ive attached a screen grab

Thanks

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gustavomello
in reply to: ScottC

As far as i know you can't do this in Revit. But take a look at this addin, maybe it's what you're looking for.

Gustavo

Message 3 of 3
damo3
in reply to: ScottC

Wow, I havent seen that setup since my AutoCAD days haha, funny the things you tend to forget you use to do.

So there is an offset between dimensions, its in your dimension properties, look for 'Dimension line snap distance'. As for the initial 2000mm offset you want from the building, I sometimes use detail lines and then align visually, but no more snapping with millimetre precision. depends how 'OCD' you are about it i guess. goes in the same basket as not being able to snap align to objects on sheets. 

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report