Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing Components

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
B00548410
219 Views, 2 Replies

Placing Components

Hi

I have been trying to place a external door for families but it doesnt work.

I went to modify - place components - load family - doors- external doors - click on door i want press open and nothing happens

thanks

victoria

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: B00548410

That processs loads the door family into the project. After that, you need to go to the wall where you want to insert the door, and click. If that doesn't happen, then go to the Door tool, select the door type, and try again.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: B00548410

Also remember Doors of the "Doors" Category need to be hosted by walls.  To place them, like mentioned above, use the Doors tool and place them into a wall.

Now if you have a door standing out in space all by itself then you'll have to have someone create a family that can be hosted by a floor, level, face or almost anything but a wall... and it can't belong to the Doors category.  (Strongly discouraged in our office)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report