Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Accessory detail component not showing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cbulow
1445 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Accessory detail component not showing

I am trying to create a ball valve that looks like the following:

Screen.PNG

To get the filled in portion, I created a detail family with a fill.  All appears to be well, until I load the family into a project.  Then the detail dissappears.  The lines remain, but the filled ball is gone.  This happens when I am looking from the floor plan view.

If I look at the valve from an elevation, rotating it to see it properly, the filled ball is back.

If I change the family type from Pipe Accessoies to something else, for example, Duct Accessories, the filled ball appears as it should.

Is there a reason that Pipe Fittings and Pipe Accessories do not show detail components in plan views?

I'm using Revit 2014 and I've attached my valve family.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: cbulow

After some testing, the family displays as expected in our test files.

Please reply with a small sample project file showing the issue.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
cbulow
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thanks for taking a look at this.  I've attached a small file.  The frustrating thing is the check valve assembly which shows up perfectly fine in project, and my ball valve still is not showing properly here.

I don't know how to get the file less than 5.2 MB, so I've inserted a Dropbox link.  Ball Valve

Message 4 of 4
cbulow
in reply to: cbulow

I’m not sure what the problem was – I never did get the family to work but I found that if I created a new family by starting from scratch, I could get the results I wanted.  When I was making the original family, I started with a family created by someone else in an earlier version of Revit.  I’m not sure if that was the problem, but I’m getting what I want now. Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report