Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasing and relocating families

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Mei.Lam
331 Views, 1 Reply

Phasing and relocating families

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with phasing. I have demo, existing, and new construction set up. The existing equipments are all drawn up, some are demolished and some are to be relocated in various locations. How do I control the families that need to be relocated in the new construction. If I move any of the objects/families in the new plan, the demo and existing changes as well. If I hide the family, it only hides in that view. The other dependent views still have the equipment showing up. Is my only option to manual hide all of them?? Isn't there a better way to do that?? Thanks in advance. I would really appreciate your help.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
melarch
in reply to: Mei.Lam

First of all you do not need a demolition phase. Revit handles demolition by using the Demolish tool in a phase newer then the one the equipment has been placed (i.e. you have a furnace in the Existing phase and need to replace it in the New phase - simply open a new phase view showing the existing furnance and use the Demolish button to demlish it in the New Phase. To display a demolition view create a new view and set the Phase Filter to Existing and Demolished.)

Then place the new furnace in the New view.

Mel Persin, AIA
AEC Technology Consultant
Technology to Visualize and Realize Solutions
Modeling for the Future/Drafting in the Present/Building on the Past

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report