Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasing again, Refurbishment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ReViZ
263 Views, 2 Replies

Phasing again, Refurbishment

Hi,

I'm refurbishing an Existing Building - adding drylining etc to existing walls. I asked this question earlier and was told to use phasing and draw a new wall in the same location as the existing(demolished), even though the existing structure is not demolished.

However, I was told by several  that the best way (best practice), is to draw this as 2 or even 3 walls (1 existing, 2 new) rather than existing phase with future demo, then new wall in the same location. This allows more flexibility in adding variable finishes to the same existing wall.

However, this is very difficult to do in reality. What happens at window and door reveals for instance?
The new wall(s) don't recognise the insertion of a window and so no wrap occurs. I can cut/edit profile of these new walls to show how they open around these windows and doors, however, they will not form reveals.

I have other problems with doing floors, ceiling, etc.

I would appreciate any help on this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: ReViZ

I hope I understood you well....Are you speaking about the fact that using 2 or three walls instead of Phasing the second and third walls are not cut by the window or door hole ?

If so, It will be cut if you Join the Walls:...

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 3
ReViZ
in reply to: constantin.stroescu

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am using phases.

I did join the walls but they don't cut on insertion of window. It may be a problem with the core boundary. Does structure core need to join with new structure core?

At present, I edit profile and then cut opening to suit .

However my problem is wrapping at the reveals - the drylining in the new layers don't wrap at the openings. I presume if I could properly join walls the wrapping would work (new + old layers)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report