Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phasing + Phase Filters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tonkata
613 Views, 5 Replies

Phasing + Phase Filters

Am I misunderstanding the Phase Filter?

I would like to model the existing building, demolish a few windows, doors and walls, add the new, and finally create plan/elevations showing the existing + new, and demolition as hatched.

So if I understand this correctly I need two phases, being existing + new, but then need to setup a phase filter that shows the previous phase + new + demo.

Am I on the right track?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tonkata
in reply to: tonkata

Here's a better explination of what I'm trying to achieve.

I start by creating 3x Phases

• Existing
  • Demo
  • Proposed

phase01.JPG 

I then create a new Phase Filter calling it Existing + New + Demo, and set all to override.

phase02.JPG

In the override settings, I set the following

phase03.JPG

I then create 3x separate North Elevation views, and set their correct Phase + Phase Filters (images attached)

So basically what I would like to do is have the Previous + Demo + Proposed all show on the one view, similar to the "Previous + Demo", but the proposed also showing.

Is this possible?

Message 3 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

Comments: 

About the phases: "Demo" is not considered a phase in Revit, but an action in the New phase. So basically, you need just the two phases that are already there: existing and new. The demolition stuff can be  shown in views, without having to be a phase.

If you want to show all in a view, (existing, demolition, and new) instead of creating a new phase filter, you could use the "show all" filter, which is already included,

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 6
tonkata
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo_Medina am I missing something here? I switched the Phase Filter on the "Proposed View" to Show All, and nothing happened, any ideas?

Message 5 of 6
CoreyDaun

Hello tonkata,

As Alfredo said, there is no need for a "Demo" Phase. I'm from an MEP firm, and in order to create the building model as you described (Existing, Demo, and then New), I typically create three Views (as shown below) per floor in order to make the process more efficient.

View NamePhasePhase FilterPurpose
ExistingExistingShow CompletePlacement of ALL Existing Elements
DemolitionNew ConstructionShow Previous + DemoExisting Elements to be marked as Demolished
New WorkNew ConstructionShow Previous + NewPlacement of ALL New Elements

tonkata wrote:

"...I switched the Phase Filter on the "Proposed View" to Show All, and nothing happened, any ideas?" 

You likely did not see any change between "Existing + New + Demo" and "Show All" because the Wall Category's graphics match that of the "New" Phase Graphic Overrides. If you were to change the Wall Category's lines and patterns to be green, for instance, you'll then see a change by toggling between the Phase Filters.

The difference between these two Filters is that "Existing + New + Demo" shows ALL Elements according to the Phasing Graphic Overrides, whereas the "Show All" Filter will allow the NEW elements to be shown according to their normal settings (typically Object Styles).

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 6
loboarch

You might want to revieww this article on phasing in Revit at the wikihelp.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/Community/Examples/Example_Project_to_Illustrate_Phasing

It has a written explination of how pahsing works, a video demonstrating the same topic, and an example file you can download and play with to see how phasing is setup.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report