Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patterned Curtain wall Corner Alignment

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
grotzilla1
919 Views, 8 Replies

Patterned Curtain wall Corner Alignment

Hi Guys,

Im currently working on my final project for Uni. I have the general outline and form of my building designed but I'm having problems with patterned curtain walls.

I have created my own Patterned Curtain wall Family and applied it to a conceptual mass, I have not added any parameters as I'm not too familiar with this aspect of Revit. The corners of the building do not align allowing viewing straight into the interior.

I have attached the model in my dropbox so you can fully understand my problem..

Conceptual Mass - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62216316/Latest%20MPLAN.rfa

Actual Model - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62216316/masterplan%20phase%204.rvt

Curtain Wall Family - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62216316/rEVIT%20GLASS%20PATTERN.rfa

I am also interested in applying glass to some of the hexagon patterns instead of steel to act as windows. At the moment I'm just turning the transparency up on individual patterns so any other better methods will be greatly appreciated! 😄

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: grotzilla1

You should work on the pattern-based curtain panel family first, and then worry about the corners in the project and all that. The panel is not modeled correctly, causing the glass faces to go all over the place at each panel. The two apex points in the family must be hosted by the two points at the base, which, in turn, must be hosted to reference lines that are tied to the adaptive points in the template. When the size of the blue grid changes, the size of the panel should change, keeping its original design, but look what happens when the size of blue grid is changed to a smaller size:none of the reference points follows the change.

2-9-2014 5-31-50 PM.gif

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 9
grotzilla1
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Ahhh Thankyou, that explains why my floorplans through the curtain walls look so messy! I will mend the pattern then post an update tonight.

Thanks for the help

Message 4 of 9
grotzilla1

OK the pattern is sorted but the corners still dont work... So what next?

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
grotzilla1

Bump

Message 6 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Now that you fixed the panel, maybe you should post some images to explain what you mean by "The corners of the building do not align allowing viewing straight into the interior."

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 9
grotzilla1

Ahh sorry I'm just in a rush & extremeley tired  submission is this Thursday -.-

Heres an image of one of the edges

[URL]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bungle9876/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Untitled_zpsb69da37f.jpg.html][IMG...

Message 8 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Well, architecture is one thing, and software is a different thing. You, as the designer, have to find an architectural solution for those corners. Most likely, you have to stop this pattern before the corners, and do a different solution at the corners. A hexagonal panel with pyramidal glazing is not going to magically turn corners nicely, is it?

Message 9 of 9
grotzilla1

Lol True, I'll Just corner the edges off with a flat steel pattern or maybe an opposing material to contrast the steels colour.

Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report