Revit Architecture

Mentor
octavio2
Message 1 of 5 (265 Views)
Accepted Solution

Part of the building Section symbol can be turned at an angle?

265 Views, 4 Replies
06-06-2013 09:33 AM

Regarding a building footprint that is long from south to north and then about 2/3s (two thirds) of the length the footprints turns 45 degrees to the left (making this angle the 135 degree angle of AutoCAD), then I want to create a long Building Section parallel to the building footprint with the bottom 2/3 of the section from south to north and then the last 1/3 of that building section turned 45 degrees to agree with the 1/3 angle of that part of the building.

Is this possible in Revit?

Thanks in advance.

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 5 (247 Views)

Re: Part of the building Section symbol can be turned at an angle?

06-06-2013 11:29 AM in reply to: octavio2

I use for doing this SCOPE BOX function

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 3 of 5 (242 Views)

06-06-2013 12:16 PM in reply to: octavio2

steps in order to acheive my workaround:

• create for the begining  two Scope Boxes : A and B as in attached file.
  • draw a Reference Plane  as seam 
  •  draw the two Section Lines at the wanted angle.The intersection of the two section lines to be on the Reference Plane .
  • strech the border of the two Scope Box so to be over the intersection between the seam Reference plane and the section lines ( as in the attached)
  • now we have two sections that meet on the intesection borders of the scope boxes...Section A and Section B
  • make a new sheet in which put together the two sections and align them
  •  in sections Views , Visibility/ Graphic Overrides > Annotation Categories > uncheck Section Boxes so to hide the borders  and in Properties > uncheck Crop Region Visible in order to hide the crop border
  • now in sheet will show the section changed at an angle.....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Mentor
octavio2
Message 4 of 5 (205 Views)

06-08-2013 04:24 PM in reply to: octavio2

Thanks for your suggestion, Constantin. 

I am still working with the two views and they are already satisfactorily put together, and I am cleaning what I want to see on each of the views and making the section good. 

Your advice worked.

The only little problem that I have now is that as I activate each view for the cleanings and hidings, etc, I keep moving the views, desaligning them or making them bigger, etc.  I turned off the crop region, and I think that might help, but let me ask, once that you determine that the views are aligned and once you like the way they are, is there is way to "lock" them in place so they would not move or desalign?

Thanks again.

Mentor
octavio2
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)

06-08-2013 08:06 PM in reply to: octavio2

I already figured that the way to lock the vieport is by loking it with the pin. Thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube