Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters in custom drawing sheets

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dcormack
902 Views, 1 Reply

Parameters in custom drawing sheets

Having now worked out a method of adding custom labels to sheets via a shared parameter file I want to know if there is an easier way of making these parameters fully functional in any project without having to set project parameters in the file. The method (for the benefit of anyone who wants to shortcut what I had to work out to get here) is (assuming starting with New > Family > Titleblock or some sort of Sheet family 😞

1. Create shared param .txt file (Manage>Shared Params>Create) - then browse for that new file to load (within Edit family sheets)
  2. Group>New then Params>new   (make sure param names are unique and distinct from system parms for text labels) - set Type to Text
  3. Then addtext label (add param at bottom LHS > Select > Edit > Browse to open shared param file) then add your custom param to Label Params table.
  4. When the sheet is loaded into a project the custom labels will not be editable. This is the annoying bit having to set up proect params in each project:
  5. Manage > Proj Params > Add > Shared Param > Select > Edit > Browse to shared param file > select each custom param in term > OK >Group Param = Title Text and set Category to Sheets.

The custom parameter will now be editable (each shows as ? and not been able to find a way of showing a default label text.

Is it really necessary to do this (step 5) with every project file or is there a way of loading a custom sheet and setting project parameters automatically?

Also is there any way of adding (or editing) params to the System Family for drawing sheets. An example is scale where the sys param updates to the first loaded view scale, then if a different scale vies is loaded, changes to "As indicated". I prefer to quote the main scale. Additionally the System file date param is the current date. My preference is set the date to first issue and then list revision dates separately (which is a common company standard in the UK).

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dcormack

dcormack wrote:

"Is it really necessary to do this (step 5) with every project file or is there a way of loading a custom sheet and setting project parameters automatically?"

If you add your Project Parameter(s) to your Project Template file, then they should be included in all new Projects created with said template.

dcormack wrote:

"Also is there any way of adding (or editing) params to the System Family for drawing sheets. An example is scale where the sys param updates to the first loaded view scale, then if a different scale vies is loaded, changes to "As indicated". I prefer to quote the main scale. Additionally the System file date param is the current date. My preference is set the date to first issue and then list revision dates separately (which is a common company standard in the UK)."

You can add new Shared or Project Parameters to System Families via your method above. However, you cannot edit, modify, or remove any of the standard parameters of any Revit System Family. In both of the above examples, you are out of luck, unfortunately. You'll have to create your own parameters to fulfill these needs, to which another issue will be that you cannot assign any kind of formula or intelligence to Project Parameters, nor can you tie their value to any other Parameter.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report