Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter group not sticking?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
272 Views, 3 Replies

Parameter group not sticking?

Working up a door, i swear I'm going nuts.

I have set 2 parameters in the Family Editor so they 'Group Under' Dimensions, yet when I load into a project (that the family object has been deleted out of via the Project Browser), I find instead they are Grouped under 'Other'.

One of the offending objects attached.

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

I've done this 2 ways, once by opening within Revit the Family Editor, making the change and then loading back into the file, only to find nothing has changed, and also then by again opening up in the family editor from Revit to find ditto; and separately by opening up the file directly in Explorer and then loading into the open project.

Not an enormous problem, just annoying as I want to group Dimensions parameters naturally enough under Dimensions!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nmysorewala
in reply to: Anonymous

In the Project the parameters may already exist. go to Manage Project Parameters - and change grouping in there. the other option is to create those parameters in the project and group them and then load the family

BIMologist
Message 3 of 4
nmysorewala
in reply to: nmysorewala

works fine for me. Check Project Parameters . Also not sure which parameters you are referring to?

BIMologist
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, on inspection is seems the 2 parameters, FrameWidth and FrameDepth, were set as shared parameters.

They were there as part of the 'Out of the Box' content, not created by me, so I wasn't aware of them being shared.

A quick export out with some reconfiguring and then imported to the project, and now fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report