Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Roof to Wall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thaner9
565 Views, 2 Replies

Parallel Roof to Wall

I have a project that has an inteior wall that runs up to the bottom of a first floor roof that the intersection happens at the second floor. I can't figure out how you are to attach one wall to the bottom of the roof and then a second wall to the top of the roof. In reality, you'd run a parallel ledger rafter along the wall and drywall would fix everything. It doesn't work to attach top/base to roof though.

In my attachment you'll see the yellow is stucco that should stop at the top of the blue roof. The orange (drywall) should run up to the bottom of the roof. This will have an impact on how the wall shows up in plan as well when not in "Course"...

I've attached the Revit file too if you want to try this...

Thank you

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: thaner9

I am not sure of what you are trying to say, but try editing the wall profile or Attach wall top/base to roof.

Message 3 of 3
thaner9
in reply to: Anonymous

I can attach top of wall to base of roof and vice versa, but only if I extend the footprint of the wall all the way to the interior finish face of the walls. Then, that creates linework issues on 3D views from the interior of that second floor room. It also isn't how it'd be constructed in the field. They'd use a ledger rafter along the exterior face fo the studs in the field and that's what I'd like to be doing in the model. If you do that though you can't attach the walls to the roof diaphragm.

Does that make more sense?

I suppose I could edit the profile of the wall, but I was hoping there was a solution that wouldn't require that. I try not to edit wall profiles if possible.

Thank you for responding though...any more insight would be greatly appreciated. I run into this situation quite often in our work...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report