Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painting side surface of topography

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Maciej_Musialek
1404 Views, 2 Replies

Painting side surface of topography

So, I've made topography, cut it with building pad, and have those sides between topography and building pad, which I want to paint or attach material to (see picture). And can't find tool to do it. Blue arrow points surface to be painted, but I don't want to change surface pointed by red arrow.
Maciej Musialek
Revit Architecture Certified Professional
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/d28f576e-0bbe-4912-a4bc-fe604e3276c9/public_url
If you find my post helpful, feel free to give a Kudo. If it solves the problem, feel free to click Accept Solution.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: Maciej_Musialek

The "sides" of a toposurface are a bit unique.  They only show once a toposurface is cut, so they are kind of both there and not there at the same time, so technically there is not a surface there to use the paint tool on.  In the "real world" there would probably be some kind of retiaining wall there to hold the earth and that would provide a surface to paint if it is modeled.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 3

did you attach the image? I dont see it. Also the "sides" (all four) of the topo once cut from the building pad have always aquired the same material as the topo surface. does your image show it differently? or did you want to apply a DIFFERENT material to those 4 sides?

Untitled.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report