Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint color gray in (Realistic and Ray trace mode)?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jz4all
2324 Views, 4 Replies

Paint color gray in (Realistic and Ray trace mode)?

Hi,
I tried to create new materials to use them as a paint. But when I use these materials, they take the color I chose in (shaded mode) but they take gray color in ( Realistic and Ray Trace mode). Moreover when I creat these materials, in the ( Material Editor) if I select (Use Render Appearance) the color changes to gray without possibility to change it (just like locked).
Note: not all materials behave like that, some of them behave normal, in the meaning that the color I choose appears in all modes.

What is the reason? And how can I solve that?

Thanks

Jaf

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: jz4all

Hi. the "use render appearance" overrides the color you include for shaded and as such will revert to the gray color you are talking about. With regards to the rendering color, it depends on the loaded asset so when you decide to change the color or image be careful that you are changing the appearance asset itself which will affect any material with the same appearance asset. However, if you could provide an image, then maybe I can help with the existing problem.

Regards.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 5
jz4all
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks for your response.

Here are images as an example.

Jaf

Message 4 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: jz4all

To give us better idea of what is happening, please strip the file down to that one magenta wall, and post it to the thread.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 5
jz4all
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Thank You for your response,

I solved it. I found een PDF about the subject and it explained me all details to understand the appearance of the graphics.
And to whom who faces the same issue , I mention here the subject to download it, (Interior Design Using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013).

Jaf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report