Revit Architecture

*HIX
Message 1 of 6 (79 Views)

Pads

79 Views, 5 Replies
05-03-2004 12:08 AM
Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab?
*Aaron Rumple
Message 2 of 6 (79 Views)

Re: Pads

05-03-2004 06:05 AM in reply to: *HIX
Either one is possible... "HIX" wrote in message news:4095f147_2@newsprd01... > Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab? > > >
*HIX
Message 3 of 6 (79 Views)

05-03-2004 07:42 AM in reply to: *HIX
I understand the principle of the pad, but I don't want to see it on section for example. How would I hide the pad, and is it common to hide it or am I missing the point here? Thanks for the input. "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:4096442f$1_3@newsprd01... > Either one is possible... > > "HIX" wrote in message news:4095f147_2@newsprd01... > > Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab? > > > > > > > >
*Aaron Rumple
Message 4 of 6 (79 Views)

05-03-2004 08:48 AM in reply to: *HIX
As with all Revit object, visibility can be controlled with the Visibility/Graphics panel. Just turn it off there like any other object... "HIX" wrote in message news:40965bcc_2@newsprd01... > I understand the principle of the pad, but I don't want to see it on section > for example. > How would I hide the pad, and is it common to hide it or am I missing the > point here? > > Thanks for the input. > > > > "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message > news:4096442f$1_3@newsprd01... > > Either one is possible... > > > > "HIX" wrote in message news:4095f147_2@newsprd01... > > > Is it possible to hide a pad, or can a pad be used as a floor slab? > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Distinguished Contributor
JeffreyMcGrew
Message 5 of 6 (79 Views)

05-04-2004 11:06 AM in reply to: *HIX
don't use your pads as a floor slab. Otherwise the topo doesn't get cut right. Put the pad under your foundation if you can.

You can also have your pad be thin and made of earth. Sometime pads in real life are nothing more than stamped earth a floorslab is poored over. This might give you more of what you're looking for.
*HIX
Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)

05-04-2004 10:26 PM in reply to: *HIX
Thanks. It does make a little more sense now. John "JeffreyMcGrew" wrote in message news:11463741.1083694003160.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > don't use your pads as a floor slab. Otherwise the topo doesn't get cut right. Put the pad under your foundation if you can. > > You can also have your pad be thin and made of earth. Sometime pads in real life are nothing more than stamped earth a floorslab is poored over. This might give you more of what you're looking for.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube