Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override layer Color

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
BIMAbhi
17860 Views, 8 Replies

Override layer Color

In revit can we make a specific layer override so that whenever we import a cad file containing that layer always comes as override layer.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: BIMAbhi

You can set the Layer's color override under Object Styles for each import to change it for the entire project, but I don't think that you can automate this as you describe. Imported Categories will keep their initial color from the corresponding Layer, so why can you change the color of the Layers in the imports to be more consistent?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
BIMAbhi

Thanks for your clarification.

When we import/link the CAD 2D or 3D file and we will change the color by override option then the surface pattern of the link CAD file will not change (see the attach). Here only the edage color is changing. How can we change the surface pattern color?

On the other hand, is there any option to create any template file and change the color according to our requirements then import the file (CAD) in the same template so that we can get the same color standard and save our time for coloring.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 4 of 9
lanl

Hi RNDPIS,

For your first question (change surface color of the linked DWG): The “Visibility/Graphics Overrides” will only change the line display. If you want to change the surface display, you have to go to “Manage” tab- -“Settings” panel- -“Object Style”, click “Imported Objects”, then change the “Material” column for the specific layer. See “object style.JPG”.

For the second question: it is difficult to do this, cause the display is controlled by the specific layer of specific dwg file in “Visibility/Graphics Overrides dialog or “Object Style” dialog, it is related to specific linked dwg file, not possible to propagate the setting to other linked DWG files, so difficult to create such template. You have to set it after linking the specific dwg file.

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 5 of 9
BIMAbhi
in reply to: lanl

Thanks for your clarification.

My problem is:

1. We have linked a cad file (A.dwg) into revit interface
  2. Change the color by object style option
  3. Another File (B.dwg) link into the same revit file
  4. The color of the imported B file can't change according to the custom color of file A

Is there any option where automatic color will change in the B file?

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 6 of 9
lanl

Dear RNDPIS,

There is no setting to change the color in B file automatically. You have to go to Visibility/Graphics dialog or Object Style dialog, set the color for B file again.

You can log it as an enchancement request with the link below. Our product design team will read all the submitted forms.  

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Lei Lan
Message 7 of 9
BIMAbhi

Yes, I have posted the problem in your mentioned link.

Is there any add-ins for this issue? Can any one help  to create this for us.

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
Message 8 of 9
lanl

Hi RNDPIS,

For API or Plugin query, you can post it on Autodesk Revit API category in forum. There you can find API experts who do programming and developing work on Revit.

See link below.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-API/bd-p/160

Thanks. 

Lei Lan
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

As per procedure you have defined i am done it but the surface colour of the objects are not changing.Please find the attachements

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report