Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlaying png images on jpgs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
IMCornish
999 Views, 2 Replies

Overlaying png images on jpgs

'loboarch' has a very inspiring video on WikiHelp which explains how to create very convincing 'Dusk Renderings', see:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/community/videos/009_Document_and_Present_the_Project/Create_...

I tried this and despite my efforts being not quite as good as that produced in the video I was pleased with the result, as follows:

Original.png

This is a cropped image created from a 'prt sc' of a Revit sheet view on which I had superimposed the png image over the jpg, having followed the instructions in the video.  However, when I came to export the project to dwfx, the jpg file (the sky) disappeared leaving only the png image as shown herewith:

Dwfx.png

Can this result be explained by anyone please?  Can I not paste one over the other within the Revit environment, and get the expected result perhaps?  Can the complete image only be achieved in a picture editing program?

I would be very interested to know.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: IMCornish

I watched the video and the presenter did not mention export to dwfx. I'm assuming you what to export the project and have the image remain intact as it is in Revit. Perhaps anther approach would be to export the two images to photo editing application, do any necessary tweaking, insert back into Revit and then export to dwfx.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 3
IMCornish
in reply to: alan.quinn

I have no idea why or even if exporting to dwxf caused the issue but I had already got around it by doing as you suggested and I had thought of trying. that is I combined the two as as a single jpg in Adobe Photoshop and it worked.  Just seems to me that exporting to dwxf should not do this.

Thanks

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report