Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping Stairs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bward
853 Views, 3 Replies

Overlapping Stairs

I have a flight of stairs that has (3) intermediate landings before it gets to the next level, see attached. Is there any way to do this without creating 2 seperate stairs? The only reason this looks like it works is becasue I have shifted the stairs an inch in each direction.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: bward

This is possible. In the sketch, trace the path for the first flight, do the second flight after a U turn, then make the other U turn, and trace the third flight over the first one. Before doing this, of course, the base and top level settings in the stair properties dialog box have to allow room for all those steps.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
bward

Having more than 1 U-turn only works if the third flight (the one after the second U-turn) does not line up directly over the first flight. If it does, I get an error message saying the sketch lines can not overlap. If I click finish, the stringers and railings do not behave properly. I have worked around it for now by creating seperate stairs and making and implace family for the 2, 3 4th ect intermediate landings. Seems like yoiu should be abel to do this.
Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina

hmm... I just realized that in the test I made I did not perfectly aligned the third flight over the first one, and probably that's why it worked, but now I see what you mean. I tried to achieve it by changing some multy story and top offset settings combined, but I failed. Interesting problem. I guess for now the third flight would have to be an independent piece. Maybe both pieces could be joined into a group, so at least it can be selected and moved together.

Alfredo Medina
info@planta1.com

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report