Revit Architecture

Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Organic Forms

166 Views, 1 Replies
11-10-2004 01:33 PM
I am very interested to switch from AutoCAD to Revit,
but I have one question:
I saw hybrid tools in Mechanical Desktop (combination of surface and solids), does Revit has same tools, if not, will they be included.
thanks
*Jeffrey McGrew
Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)

Re: Organic Forms

11-10-2004 02:50 PM in reply to: Fisnik
I don't know enough about MDT to say if the tools are simluar, but if you're concerned about being able to model rather organic buildings in Revit I can say that it's very capable at that task. The only thing I can think of that it's not good at doing is complex tensile fabric structures- there's no easy way to do those. But you can make some very complex shapes pretty easily. You should download it and check it out, and look on some of the posts on Augi about complex forms, the JuniperSea Project, Ronchamp, and the Freedom Tower to get an idea of what Revit can pretty easily do in regards to complex models. Also, if you really need to do a Fabric Structure and are finding it too hard to do in Revit you can alway still do it in AutoCAD and then import it... Jeffrey Fisnik wrote: > I am very interested to switch from AutoCAD to Revit, > but I have one question: > I saw hybrid tools in Mechanical Desktop (combination of surface and solids), does Revit has same tools, if not, will they be included. > thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube