Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening frames

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
124 Views, 2 Replies

Opening frames

What is the easiest and suggested method to make an opening frame as part of wall, i.e. change of plaster's thickness ? I guess it must be a sweep as an in-place family. But will it be able to change when I change the window's width for example (type parameter)? Is there another way? Do you believe I should do this through family editing? I am asking because one of my clients wants plaster frames of standard shape and thickness not depending to the type of opening. Check the attachment.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

You should make a family for this, start with a window family, add your plaster trim as an extrusion or sweep, set up any parameters you need( window families will allready have height and width so you'll want trim thickness and trim width or something like that) then load into your model.

Note if you don't want it to schedule as a window you can change the family type to a generic model or structural framing family under Settings>Family Category and parameters in the family editor.
Message 3 of 3
sbrown
in reply to: Anonymous

Another thought, even easier is just open up the window family in the image, do a save as and delete the window elements leaving only the trim.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report