Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a template revit 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
zmerchan
9460 Views, 10 Replies

Open a template revit 2013

In version 2013, I need to open a template. I go to "R", then to "NEW", I choose the template (made in version 2012 or version 2013), I choose "PROJECT ¨" and suddenly, the program asks me whether the measures are in Imperial or Metric (as if it hadn´t been defined in the template). I choose METRIC and it opens a file that it doesn´t have relation with the template that I chose before. What could be happened?. When I open with version 2012 or 2011, It works perfect, but with version 2013 It doesn´t work the same. Please help me!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Joe.Charpentier
in reply to: zmerchan

You will get this message if you don't have a valid template available- Revit is starting the file from "No Template" mode.

First check to see if you have a default template set:

Appmenu (Big "R")>Options>File Locations>Default Template File.

If you cannot find any template files, is possible that you did not install the content correctly.

There have been a number of threads about this, so you can search the forum, but in short:

Rerun the installer to add content in 2012 and 2013:

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Revit Architecure 2013 -> Change/Remove.

In the installer dialog, choose "Add or Remove Features".

Joe

Message 3 of 11
zmerchan
in reply to: Joe.Charpentier

It´s posible that I a can´t find other template, but i´m speaking about a company´template. I know, where it is. I cant open it in a revit 2013. I think that the problem is of the program because in the earlier version a never had problems. What can i do? Can you open a old template (2012) in version 2013? Your answer is very importand to understand the problem. Thanks!!!

Message 4 of 11
IjL
Explorer

I had this problem too - opening through R - new - and browsing for a template as in 2012 just doesn't seem to work to start with. You have to go and do it the 'new' way. i.e. specify the file locations in options, the templates will then be in the drop down when you open new project. Once this is done the browse function also seems to start working again.

Message 5 of 11
fedevicini

Thanks for your comment, I had the same problem and could fix it. Autodesk should release a patch for this because it is happening to many people on the web.

Message 6 of 11
kaupo.tennokese

I have same problem. Could not open company template file for starting new project with revit architecture 2013. It asks Imperial or metrical and starts wrong template(the autodesk default template ). 

Is there a fix already or what to do?

Message 7 of 11
Fixarallt

I installed the Swedish version But there is no template to start from.

Inventor 2012 Pro 64-Bit
Win 7 Pro
RAM 16 GB
Message 8 of 11
cbwaight

I too am having this issue..

I have same problem. Could not open company template file for starting new project with revit architecture 2013. It asks Imperial or metrical and starts wrong template(the autodesk default template ). 

Is there a fix already or what to do?

Message 9 of 11
narenvangamudi

This method solved my problem of not be able to load the template, but I am not sure if it is of any help to you. Maybe I'm too naive .

When you go R > Options > File Locations , you need to add the file path with the green '+' button. It worked for me.

Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 11
muamer93

Message 11 of 11
pmueller

I guess it is an issue with the Additional Dataset which is downloaded seperatly. Go System Settings -> Unistall Programm -> Revit Architecture

then a diagolgue appears asking you if you want to repair the Program or add additional Functionality. Choose Additional Functionality and choose The Template Package you want to Download and the Package which you want to set as main Package.

I hope that helps

greeets Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report