Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Computers?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
463 Views, 6 Replies

Number of Computers?

I have looked in vain on the AutoDesk Website for the answer to this, maybe someone here can help me... If a person has a computer at home, one at work, and a laptop to travel out to jobsites, will Revit allow all three to run off one license? (Release 6.0) In other words will the licensing system allow you to have three running, or is two the maximum? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can have million running, just not at the same time. You are free to transfer licenses among as many computers as you want, but you just need to lock one first, before unlocking another. You have to use the Portable License Utility. (PLU) Z. "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message news:401535f0_3@newsprd01... > I have looked in vain on the AutoDesk Website for the answer to this, maybe > someone here can help me... > > If a person has a computer at home, one at work, and a laptop to travel out > to jobsites, will Revit allow all three to run off one license? (Release > 6.0) In other words will the licensing system allow you to have three > running, or is two the maximum? > > Thanks > > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hmmmm I cannot find that on the Autodesk website Christopher, do you have a link or do I need to call Revit Customer Service or my reseller? Thanks PS... I thought Release 6 used a different kind of licensing! More of less permanent, it does not seem to access the internet each time you open. "Christopher Zoog" wrote in message news:40154dfa_1@newsprd01... > You can have million running, just not at the same time. > > You are free to transfer licenses among as many computers as you want, but > you just need to lock one first, before unlocking another. You have to use > the Portable License Utility. (PLU) > > Z. > > "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message > news:401535f0_3@newsprd01... > > I have looked in vain on the AutoDesk Website for the answer to this, > maybe > > someone here can help me... > > > > If a person has a computer at home, one at work, and a laptop to travel > out > > to jobsites, will Revit allow all three to run off one license? (Release > > 6.0) In other words will the licensing system allow you to have three > > running, or is two the maximum? > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I just found it on AutoDesk.,.. what I am finding is that it is for use outside the USA and the software has to use the C-Dilla type software lock, not the new ADLM license manager that Revit 6.0 and Autocad now use. Please someone correct me if I am wrong! Thanks "Christopher Zoog" wrote in message news:40154dfa_1@newsprd01... > You can have million running, just not at the same time. > > You are free to transfer licenses among as many computers as you want, but > you just need to lock one first, before unlocking another. You have to use > the Portable License Utility. (PLU) > > Z. > > "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message > news:401535f0_3@newsprd01... > > I have looked in vain on the AutoDesk Website for the answer to this, > maybe > > someone here can help me... > > > > If a person has a computer at home, one at work, and a laptop to travel > out > > to jobsites, will Revit allow all three to run off one license? (Release > > 6.0) In other words will the licensing system allow you to have three > > running, or is two the maximum? > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

You can just look at the help files: "Standalone - A standalone license allows you to license Revit on one computer. In addition, you can transfer a license from one machine to another with a standalone license. For more information, see License Transferring ." "If you are running Autodesk Revit with a standalone license, you can transfer that license, using the Portable License Utility. The Portable License utility transfers a product license from one computer to another and ensures that the product works only on the computer that contains the license. Access the Portable License Utility by clicking Start, Programs, Autodesk Revit, Portable License Utility. For more information on the Portable License Utility, see the online help with it. " That's where i found it ;-) Z. _______________________ Visit the Revit forums at zoogdeisgn.... www.zoogdesign.com/fourms "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message news:4015822f$1_1@newsprd01... > Hmmmm I cannot find that on the Autodesk website Christopher, do you have a > link or do I need to call Revit Customer Service or my reseller? > > Thanks > > PS... I thought Release 6 used a different kind of licensing! More of less > permanent, it does not seem to access the internet each time you open. > > "Christopher Zoog" wrote in message > news:40154dfa_1@newsprd01... > > You can have million running, just not at the same time. > > > > You are free to transfer licenses among as many computers as you want, but > > you just need to lock one first, before unlocking another. You have to > use > > the Portable License Utility. (PLU) > > > > Z. > > > > "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message > > news:401535f0_3@newsprd01... > > > I have looked in vain on the AutoDesk Website for the answer to this, > > maybe > > > someone here can help me... > > > > > > If a person has a computer at home, one at work, and a laptop to travel > > out > > > to jobsites, will Revit allow all three to run off one license? (Release > > > 6.0) In other words will the licensing system allow you to have three > > > running, or is two the maximum? > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Duh.... Boy do I feel dumb.... thanks for the help... I guess it really DOES pay to actually read the manual of the software instead of just winging it... haha... "Christopher Zoog" wrote in message news:401584d3_3@newsprd01... > You can just look at the help files: > > "Standalone - A standalone license allows you to license Revit on one > computer. In addition, you can transfer a license from one machine to > another with a standalone license. For more information, see License > Transferring ." > > "If you are running Autodesk Revit with a standalone license, you can > transfer that license, using the Portable License Utility. The Portable > License utility transfers a product license from one computer to another and > ensures that the product works only on the computer that contains the > license. > Access the Portable License Utility by clicking Start, Programs, Autodesk > Revit, Portable License Utility. For more information on the Portable > License Utility, see the online help with it. " > > That's where i found it ;-) > > Z. > > _______________________ > > Visit the Revit forums at zoogdeisgn.... > > www.zoogdesign.com/fourms > > > > > > > > "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message > news:4015822f$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hmmmm I cannot find that on the Autodesk website Christopher, do you have > a > > link or do I need to call Revit Customer Service or my reseller? > > > > Thanks > > > > PS... I thought Release 6 used a different kind of licensing! More of > less > > permanent, it does not seem to access the internet each time you open. > > > > "Christopher Zoog" wrote in message > > news:40154dfa_1@newsprd01... > > > You can have million running, just not at the same time. > > > > > > You are free to transfer licenses among as many computers as you want, > but > > > you just need to lock one first, before unlocking another. You have to > > use > > > the Portable License Utility. (PLU) > > > > > > Z. > > > > > > "Douglas W Dunn" wrote in message > > > news:401535f0_3@newsprd01... > > > > I have looked in vain on the AutoDesk Website for the answer to this, > > > maybe > > > > someone here can help me... > > > > > > > > If a person has a computer at home, one at work, and a laptop to > travel > > > out > > > > to jobsites, will Revit allow all three to run off one license? > (Release > > > > 6.0) In other words will the licensing system allow you to have three > > > > running, or is two the maximum? > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 7
Steve_Stafford

The "License Borrowing Utility" is for network licensing and is managed from the server. You have to install the new ADLM version from Autodesk to "check out" licenses for products that this feature is enabled.

The "Portable License Utility" is for stand alone licensing and is managed at each machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report