Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Print Line Styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
beacharchitect
4917 Views, 4 Replies

Non Print Line Styles

I know that some objects can be turned off from printing but is it possible to create a line style that will not print?

Thad Broom, AIA

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can use the or you can create a line with a color WHITE assigned to it. That will not print. Unfortunately Revit does not have the granular control that AutoCAD has , Then again it does not have layers.

BIMologist
Message 3 of 5
nmysorewala
in reply to: nmysorewala

"sorry it should have said "< Invisible Lines > " the posting system messed up thinking it was HTML code

BIMologist
Message 4 of 5
Jason_S
in reply to: beacharchitect

What are you using the lines for that you wouldn't want them to plot?

If you want to keep a point for future reference you could use Reference Planes. 

< invisible lines > only show up when placing Masking or Filled Regions from what I recall.

Message 5 of 5
beacharchitect
in reply to: Jason_S

I wanted to create a grid similar to the guide grid on a sheet view to align my sections and details in a modular manner on a sheet as recommended by Condocs. I wanted lite blue dashed lines that didn't print.

Solved the problem by creating the grid in an annotation family that I then inserted into my title block sheet family. I created an instance visibilty parameter for it so I could turn it off and on in the project. Works great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report