Revit Architecture

Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (171 Views)
Accepted Solution

No time to enter info in properties box

171 Views, 4 Replies
12-16-2013 11:56 AM

Hello,

When I'm changing a view title or any info, the box desactivate in a second, so I don't even have time to enter one letter. I have to clic 2 to 3 times and be quick to type something before it load. (I can enter 1 or 2 letter and it's loading it as a new name before I can write the whole word ...)

I have properties and project tree vertically stacked, and when I scroll down in properties, it scroll back up automatically, I can't reach the lower info without play with scroll to keep it down... 

It's becoming annoying because it's pretty a constant problem. 

Anyone had this problem ? I made a search but found nothing on that,

Thank you !

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 5 (146 Views)

Re: No time to enter info in properties box

12-16-2013 03:31 PM in reply to: SimonFalardo

It's probably happening because you're moving the cursor off of the panel after you scroll or click in a box to change a parameter value.  Try leaving your curson on top of the palette until you're done editing the property or done scrolling.

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (133 Views)

12-17-2013 07:18 AM in reply to: rosskirby

Wow, simply as that !

You're right, the case is desactivating automatically when we move the cursor off the properties box.

It's like an automatic update, it's a good thing, when you know it !

Thank you !

*Expert Elite*
Message 4 of 5 (115 Views)

12-17-2013 07:18 PM in reply to: SimonFalardo

Glad I could help.  It can certainly be irritating at times.  It still gets me on occasion, and the Options bar behaves in the same way, so when entering values for offset or something when picking lines, I have to be careful to keep the cursor in the box until the value is entered.  Maybe they'll add functionality to allow/disallow that behavior in a future release, much the same way they did with double-click-to-edit controls.

Ross Kirby
BIM Manager
Arcturis
Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (93 Views)

12-18-2013 01:43 PM in reply to: SimonFalardo

I don't know if this is helpful to either of you, but I find it quicker and helpful to press the TAB button as I complete entering the value in my option. This enters it for me!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube