Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Question - Exporting to AutoCad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RTJMartin
285 Views, 2 Replies

Newbie Question - Exporting to AutoCad

As the title says, Newbie here with regards to Revit.

I understand the Revit can produce it's own Sheet Sets of Plans, Elevations, Sections and Details. However due to policies here at work, we need to have separate files for each Deliverable. Can Revit export Plans, Elevation Views, Sections, Details to .dwg files and still have them dynamically linked to the model? My thought was that these .dwg files could then be xref'd into our CAD Deliverable files.

Cheers,

RTJMartin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: RTJMartin

Yes - Revit can export to DWG format.

As for dynamically linking... Are you thinking you want to modify something in revit and have it update on the AutoCAD plan - No this is not possible.  

You can link and AutoCAD plan and if the AutoCAD plan updates it will update within Revit.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
RTJMartin
in reply to: RTJMartin

Yes, my thinking was that I or another Senior Tech could model the design in Revit, generate the Plans, Sections, etc. export them to CAD and have Junior Staff do the dimensioning and call-ups in the Deliverable files. If the dynamic link to the Revit model could be maintained then the CAD deliverables would be updated as the model was continuously worked on.

I guess the other option would be to continuously overwrite the exported .dwg files. If these were xref'd to the deliverables, then they would be updated that way.

Curious as to what others are doing with regards to Deliverable drawings??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report