Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tessjake
237 Views, 5 Replies

Newbie Problem

Hi All

I tried to alter a cavity wall, to 103mm brick 100mm quilt 100mm block, when I use any wall to draw an error comes which is attched. Anyone know what Ive done wrong

Thanks

Tess

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: tessjake

Did you add an Architectural Wall or a Structural Wall?  From what you posted, I am guessing the latter.  The default for Structural Walls is to have them placed with the top at the current level, and the bottom offset down, so they would not typically show up in the current view unless the view has a view range that would allow items below the current level to be seen or has an underlay that does the same.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
tessjake
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks David, is there a way of correcting or resetting what Ive done so I can continue drawing

Thanks

Tess

Message 4 of 6
David_W_Koch

You should be able to change the top and bottom of the Wall to get it to show where you want it.  You may have to open a lower floor plan (if one exists), adjust the view range of your floor plan (temporarily), use a 3D view or draw one or more sections to be able to select the Wall(s), since they are not currently visible in your plan view.

If you are working with structural engineers, you may want to touch base with them to make certain that using structural Walls will not have any impact on them.  (If they link in your file, structural Walls would be treated differently from architectural Walls with regard to display.)

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 6
tessjake
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks for your help David

Tess

Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch

You are welcome, and welcome to the Discussion Groups.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report