Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New views are making problems in old views....

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pratheeshjaison
224 Views, 3 Replies

New views are making problems in old views....

Hi, I am working in revit mep file which linked with revit structural and revit architectural. As per my project requirement, I need to create 96 layouts of the model. When I am creating a new layout, I need to create some new sections and details also. So that section lines is showing in my other layout views……how can I create new sections without affecting other layout views…??..Or is there any option for freeze views..? I don’t want to show new items in selected views…..please help me……

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: pratheeshjaison

You are able to hide indivudal section markers and callouts in each view - or you can hide the category all together in the view you want. 

But by the nature of the element - it will show in all views.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
pratheeshjaison
in reply to: LisaDrago

The actual problem is, when i am drawing the 95th layout section, that section line is showing all previous views. it means i need to go back to the all 94 layouts and hide that new section line........it will take more than 2 hour extra for updating other layout. That is making me crazy.....

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: pratheeshjaison

Do you have them divided into "sub-categories" such as Demolition and Ceiling Plans? If so, perhaps you can add a Project Parameter (Text, Instance) named "Sub-Discipline" (if it doesn't already exist) to all of your Views. Then, you can add a View Filter to your View Templates that will show only the Sections from the appropriate Sub-Discipline. When you create a new Section View, assign the appropriate Sub-Discipline to it and it should minimize the cleanup duties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report