Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Revit-Baluster Question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
NJD1995
408 Views, 1 Reply

New to Revit-Baluster Question

I am working with point cloud data to model a utility room. I have a railing for a catwalk that has irregular balusters. The first baluster is set at the right location but I cannot figure out how to adjust spacing for the remaining ones. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbcarch
in reply to: NJD1995

You might need to create separate railings, and specify where the "break" in the baluster pattern should occur, to get the spacing you need.

I have also seen Curtainwalls (with custom mullion profiles created for the railing components) used for odd conditions such as this--the curtain grid positions can be moved and the "mullions" will fill in over them--

Also take a look here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-426BE12E-A906-457B-A205-A5DFF08B07D7

Edit: It may also be possible to create a single "custom baluster panel" which contains nested generic model families that represent to unevenly spaced

posts/pipes in the existing railing.

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report