Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
kwg06516
Message 1 of 2 (132 Views)

New elevation does not appear

132 Views, 1 Replies
01-09-2014 09:07 AM

I'm trying to create an interior elevation in an upper level.  I'm in the plan for that level, but when I click the elevation icon I don't see the elevation cursor (IDK what you call it, the elevation icon that moves with the cursor for placement and changes direction depending upon which wall you are pointing it at.)  If I click I get this message:

None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: Mezzanine View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.

I checked all of those and everything seems normal but I don't know what I should be looking for.  When I open the elevation the view seems embedded in the floor.  I can stretch open the crop box to see the rest of the room but when I go back to the plan there is no elevation tag visible.  When I'm placing an elevation there are no options available to change the height of placement, if that's the issue, nor is there a selectable tag so I can't change it after the fact either!

I've never had any problems with interior elevations before and now this is happening 3 hours before a deadline!  

AutoCAD 2010

AutoCAD LT 2013

Revit Architecture LT 2013

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)

Re: New elevation does not appear

01-09-2014 09:28 AM in reply to: kwg06516

Try checking the following:

- Plan View; Visibility/Graphics Overrides » Annotations tab » Elevations.

- Elevation View; under Properties, there is a parameter named "Hide at scales coarser than".

- Elevation View; Does the Discipline match that of the Plan View? Coordination is OK.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube