Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Project Existing Model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bfriske
1111 Views, 1 Reply

New Project Existing Model

I am facing a scenario I haven't faced before in Revert.  I am going back to an old Revit model to do a new project for an existing client.  My office did the original project a few years ago and I updated the model to 2014 without problems.  The issue is, how can I set this new detached project as a single existing phase? The original project had three phases. An existing phase (the building was existing), and two phases of new construction.  When I merge all the phases together (I tried every combination of merging them), the demo'd elements show up as temporary.  I understand the concept of this.  The elements still remain demo'd, only now there is a single phase, thus they become temporary.  I did manage to make a schedule to select elements by phase and delete, but that worried me and seemed like a backwards way to get ride of the now non-existent elements.

Has anyone faced this problem before?  It seems new to me.  I want the model to start with a single existing phase to represent the new existing conditions. How can I eliminate all the old demolished elements easily so they do not show as temporary?

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alan.quinn
in reply to: bfriske

This is an interesting question. It would seem to me that you only need the existing elements the did not change and the new elements in Phase 1 and 2 from your old project. If you open a blank file so you have somewhere to copy into to, then in your existing 3D view change your Phasing to Shown Complete - Phase 2 (or whatever you called your second phase).

You should now only see eexisting elements the did not change and new elements in Phase 1 and 2Highlight all, copy, ctrl tab to the new blank file and paste. While everything is still highlighted change the elements phasing to Phase Created = Existing and Phase Demolish = None as they will copy in as New Construction.

This worked in my test file...Thanks for posting and let me know your results.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report