Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
117 Views, 2 Replies

Network Install

I have created a new network deploy on one of our five servers. Then I have copied that deploy to the other servers.
If I run the deploy on one of the other servers the MSI calls back to the original location for all of the "extra" cab installs, i.e. tutorials and help files.
Is there a way to change this so that it looks at the local files that are in a subdirectory on the current server, without creating a new deploy for each site?

Thanks,
Reid Crocker
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You'd need to edit the MSI file on each server. There are packages around that will allow you to do this. The deployment wizard doesn't YET allow you to modify REVIT installs.
Factory - please correct me if I'm wrong. I've only used this for 9.0 series
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just create a brand new deployment. In the section where it covers installing content, choose not to install content. In the following window, it will give you an option to specify a location for all of your existing content. This will path your Revit install to the correct support folders.

Typically when I create a deployment, I will open up the supporting cabinet files in zip and extract them to a target folder. Then I will go ahead and create the deployment using the method I described above.

--Regards

Marcus Kim, AIGA

Message was edited by: dydx null

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report