Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Joint Mullion Curtain walls

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ChuckEdwards
2265 Views, 4 Replies

Negative Joint Mullion Curtain walls

I'm trying to get a curtain wall style working, where I would have panels with a clean joint between them, of a controllable size. I'm also working with system curtain wall panels as I expect the CW style will need to work with variable profiles at the top.

My attempt so far has been to do a U-shape profile to get the panels to stop against, but this means the U is seen, particularly at the + junctions of the panels, which is not desirable. I could locally hide the mullions, but this is time consuming and I'd rather do it using a style-based method.

I've also tried doing a filter based on the CW Mullion name, and making it not visible, but this doesn't work for some reason.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I am not sure I understand you well...but why not use a panel with offset parameters on its four sides?

Image 01.png

Image 02.png

Image 03.png

a, b and c reprezents half distances between panels..If you unpin the selected panel from Image 03 then you can change only the selected panel....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
kryadchenko
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

That works for rectangular panels. But if you edit outlines of the curtain wall and have some diagonal lines that parametric panel doesn't work.

kryadchenko_2-1664580101655.png

So if there was a way to create the joint with void mullion, that would be way more flexible panel.

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: kryadchenko

@kryadchenko wrote:

That works for rectangular panels. But if you edit outlines of the curtain wall and have some diagonal lines that parametric panel doesn't work.

kryadchenko_2-1664580101655.png

So if there was a way to create the joint with void mullion, that would be way more flexible panel.

Use Empty System Panels for Void Mullions.

Message 5 of 5
MachielAEC
in reply to: ChuckEdwards

For complex Curtain Walls or Curtain Systems shapes I would recommend using the Massing Environment and also Pattern Based Panels as you can make them with various sizes and parameters

Machiel Odendaal
---BIM Enthusiast---

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report