Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on understanding Shared Parameters

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adafchik
1776 Views, 2 Replies

Need help on understanding Shared Parameters

I have been trying to learn how to do the "work-around" for door legends in revit that allow you to create a smart-tag for the door type mark.  It's sort of like fooling Revit into allowing me to create a door tag for legends by making it think it is a material tag. http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2009/issue44-revit.html  However, I need to know more about how to get the shared parameters to work in order to follow the steps in this link.  Has anyone has any luck with this?

If so, please share!  I'm pretty frustrated that I can't create a legend for my door types that is smart (the way Revit is supposed to be.)   -Thanks...  -Anne

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: adafchik

(By the way, the link you have provided is broken)

The Legend feature has its limitations for door legends. However, several alternatives of solution have been mentioned. Here are some of them:

• Putting sample door elements f each type in a phase that is not used for anything else. Then, making views of those doors, which allows you to tag the door, put section marks, etc.
  • Using assemblies and assembly sheets
  • Using individual views where only the sample doors are visible.
  • Using third party applications such as Dynamic Legends.

For details about this, you may want to read this blog article by my friend Martijn de Riet:

http://blog.revitforum.org/2012/08/how-to-deal-with-legends-in-revit.html

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
adafchik
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks, I am going to download a trial version of the Dynamic Legend add-in.  I don't care for the phasing or design option methods because then when we send out our model to our consultants they tend to turn on all parts of the project and it gets sloppy.  I haven't used assemblies yet, and we usually work on larger projects so I'm not sure how well it would work for us.  Thanks for your fast response.  I think that fixing the limitations on Legends should be a top priority for Revit software.  Otherwise, they should just completely scrap it and forget that it ever existed. 

Dear Revit software engineers - THIS is the information that accompanies a door schedule in just about EVERY major architectural bid package.  (See attachment)  All I want to do is tag my door type mark in my legend.  That's it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report