Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My project is "locked"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nmate_
277 Views, 2 Replies

My project is "locked"

Hi, i have a project in school with my classmates, we have a file in a common file and we have the collaborate setting on so we can work to the main file. The school changed the logging in system in school so all got new usernames and now when we try to get to our main file to the project it says that no one of us are the right user to make changes in the main file. Ive tried to make a copy of the file and work there instead but it dosent work anyways. Does anyone know how to make it work? Its Revit Architecture 2012.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AJA14
in reply to: nmate_

Hi. Go to the application menu, options dialog, and in the general tab change the username back to the old one. This should do the trick.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: nmate_

@nmate_ wrote:

Hi, i have a project in school with my classmates, we have a file in a common file and we have the collaborate setting on so we can work to the main file. The school changed the logging in system in school so all got new usernames and now when we try to get to our main file to the project it says that no one of us are the right user to make changes in the main file. Ive tried to make a copy of the file and work there instead but it dosent work anyways. Does anyone know how to make it work? Its Revit Architecture 2012.

If I understand this correctly you have worksharing turned on so you and your classmates can all work on the file together.  Once the school changed login accounts none of you can work on the project.

If this is correct. Try this:

Open Revit

Open project and drill down to the project location on the network.

Select the file and then make sure you check the check box at the bottom of the open menu to "Detach from Central".

Let the project open and save over it with the same name.

Click on the Collaborate Tab and select "Relinquish All Mine"

Click Synchronize with Central

Create new local files and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps you out.

BTW: Please create a backup of the file prior to starting this process.  Better to be safe than sorry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report