Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple lines in schedules

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Matasovsky
156 Views, 0 Replies

Multiple lines in schedules

Looking for some quick input from others that have had experience enough they might already know the answer to these questions.

I'm creating a Casework schedule. I've got Mark / Catalog No / Width / Description.

First three are coming in as a Type Parameter and filling out just fine. Under Description, is where I have the issue. 95% of these the description is standard and a Type Parameter would work. However, when we do Sink Base Cabinets, we would include (w/ ACA) additional information in this column to include information on the sink, faucet, etc.. The same Sink Base Cabinet could have different sinks and faucets, so I'm thinking an Instance Parameter would be better.

?: Can I have multiple lines of text in a Description as displayed below

36"H x 24"D Sink Base Storage Unit
-Just #DCR-ADA-1735-A-GR-R Sink
-Chicago Faucet #626-E3 Spout
-(etc..)

Or would I just get the first line? I looked at Type Comments, but don't know if I need to add a /P or ; or something similar?

Is there a way for a Shared Paramter can = Type Parameter "Description" in most casework families and in my Sink Base Cabinets = Instance Parameter? Can a shared parameter look at an Instance Paramter? Or w/ a Shared Parameter, can I do a Value like ...."Description + Comments"?

As you may guess, I'm new to this and figuring it all out as I go.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report