Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple building pads sharing common edges.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JJaffers
2878 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple building pads sharing common edges.

Hi,

I am modifying topography to include multiple building pads at varying levels and also including sloped pads. I am having a non-consistent problem at the common boundary of some pads. A small sliver of topography sometimes 'sticks through' the common boundary. The height it sticks through seems arbitary, sometimes to the height of the original topography when cutting and sometimes much higher. I have used the copy/paste aligned commands to ensure the boundaries are exactly common but this does not help.

Any suggestions. I have read that some users cut the topography globally and then build up the various levels and ramps using floors and the variable floor thickness command. This seems a bit cumbersome and I imagine would cause problems when cutting sections etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jason
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JJaffers

Does this help?
http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2009/08/pads-and-slope-arrows.html

JJaffers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am modifying topography to include multiple building pads at varying levels and also including sloped pads. I am having a non-consistent problem at the common boundary of some pads. A small sliver of topography sometimes 'sticks through' the common boundary. The height it sticks through seems arbitary, sometimes to the height of the original topography when cutting and sometimes much higher. I have used the copy/paste aligned commands to ensure the boundaries are exactly common but this does not help.
>
> Any suggestions. I have read that some users cut the topography globally and then build up the various levels and ramps using floors and the variable floor thickness command. This seems a bit cumbersome and I imagine would cause problems when cutting sections etc.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Jason
Message 3 of 5
JJaffers

Thanks for the help. My first try on one of the problem areas resolved the problem. Fingers crossed for the rest of them.

Greatly appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
ssoonets

I, I have the same problem, but the link with the solution is missing. Can you explain what the problem is?

Thank you,

Silvia

Message 5 of 5
fevlanco
in reply to: ssoonets

It is also happening to me.

I can manage to set two different levels from this building pad, what displays the last cellar level buried.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

cellar 2.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report