Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

JJaffers
Message 1 of 5 (698 Views)

Multiple building pads sharing common edges.

698 Views, 4 Replies
08-31-2009 06:16 PM
Hi,

I am modifying topography to include multiple building pads at varying levels and also including sloped pads. I am having a non-consistent problem at the common boundary of some pads. A small sliver of topography sometimes 'sticks through' the common boundary. The height it sticks through seems arbitary, sometimes to the height of the original topography when cutting and sometimes much higher. I have used the copy/paste aligned commands to ensure the boundaries are exactly common but this does not help.

Any suggestions. I have read that some users cut the topography globally and then build up the various levels and ramps using floors and the variable floor thickness command. This seems a bit cumbersome and I imagine would cause problems when cutting sections etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jason
*Anthony Mason
Message 2 of 5 (698 Views)

Re: Multiple building pads sharing common edges.

09-01-2009 08:14 AM in reply to: JJaffers
Does this help?
http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2009/08/pads-and-slope-arrows.html

JJaffers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am modifying topography to include multiple building pads at varying levels and also including sloped pads. I am having a non-consistent problem at the common boundary of some pads. A small sliver of topography sometimes 'sticks through' the common boundary. The height it sticks through seems arbitary, sometimes to the height of the original topography when cutting and sometimes much higher. I have used the copy/paste aligned commands to ensure the boundaries are exactly common but this does not help.
>
> Any suggestions. I have read that some users cut the topography globally and then build up the various levels and ramps using floors and the variable floor thickness command. This seems a bit cumbersome and I imagine would cause problems when cutting sections etc.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Jason
JJaffers
Message 3 of 5 (698 Views)

09-01-2009 04:50 PM in reply to: JJaffers
Thanks for the help. My first try on one of the problem areas resolved the problem. Fingers crossed for the rest of them.

Greatly appreciated.
Active Contributor
ssoonets
Message 4 of 5 (496 Views)

09-19-2012 12:47 PM in reply to: JJaffers

I, I have the same problem, but the link with the solution is missing. Can you explain what the problem is?

Thank you,

Silvia

fevlanco
Message 5 of 5 (273 Views)

08-17-2013 05:38 AM in reply to: ssoonets

It is also happening to me.

I can manage to set two different levels from this building pad, what displays the last cellar level buried.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

cellar 2.PNG

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.