Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiline Text - setting the width of the column

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mrdavie
1254 Views, 3 Replies

Multiline Text - setting the width of the column

It is a challenge to search for answers to questions because people use different jargon to represent the same thing. Additionally, the jargon for AutoCAD is not necessarily the same as for Revit. I have been trying to find how to control the width of a column of multiline text. At the most primitive level, there does not seem to be a place where you can type in the desired width of the text column. In looking for workarounds, I can draw two parallel detail lines to represent the desired column width, but the text box does not snap to anything. Changing the text column by pulling one of its handles in a hit and miss thing. This might be ok for one text column, but if I have multiple text columns that I want to layout withing a legend or on a sheet, there seems to be no exact control.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maciejwypych
in reply to: mrdavie

Hi,

Unfortunately Notepad has more text editing features than Revit.
But you can use Note blocks instead. See this tutorial http://revitcoaster.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/using-note-blocks-for-general-notes.html
Message 3 of 4
damo3
in reply to: mrdavie

Welcome to Revit. Its a building information tool, why on earth would you want to type anything?! Need to use mind power to communicate design intent.

Sorry for the sarcasm but text editing in Revit is a now laugh out loud moment. Hit spacebar, you don't even get a visual space... hahaha see funny isn't it? Even windows DOS gave a space. Don't worry though, in 2015 we got sketchy lines. That should help.

________________________________________________________________________________
If you find posts have solved your problem, please don't forget to mark them as 'SOLVED' to help others with similar questions. - Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 4
mrdavie
in reply to: maciejwypych

Thanks for the suggestion but I am unable to figure out how it works. Do you have a generic annotation family you could share so I can examine its paramaters more closely and insert into project to see how it works?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report