Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
Matasovsky
Message 1 of 2 (106 Views)

Multidiscipline Office - 1 model or multiple?

106 Views, 1 Replies
06-07-2012 10:41 AM

I work in a multidiscipline office and attempting to implement Revit.

All the examples and discussions I have are in a scenario of different companies collaborating.

How should a firm w/ Architecture AND MEP in the office set up?  Should we all work off 1 central file?  Or should each discipline have it's own model and link to the other disciplines.  I'm trying to look at this w/ the idea down the road that the model(s) get handed down the line to the contractor....owner.  Is having 1 model easier?  Is there more risk (with each discipline/person having a copy on their workstation I don't know that there is any extra risk).

If you are in a multidiscipline firm please speak up!  THANKS!

JPTrehen
Message 2 of 2 (94 Views)

Re: Multidiscipline Office - 1 model or multiple?

06-07-2012 11:33 AM in reply to: Matasovsky
I m in one and multi discipline company as BIM Manager. It's better to have always the same workflows. My recomandation is working internally with separate models. Your team will be ready to work in any situation.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.