Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving introduce “Can't keep elements joined”,

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JamaL9722060
1796 Views, 3 Replies

I tried to move my drawing to make it at the center of the elevation tags but I have a message saying “can't keep elements joined”

What is the effect of accepting or rejecting this message?

Also, I’m wondering if there is a command that place the drawing at the center of the elevation tags.

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

Clip_117.jpg

Clip_118.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Two approaches to this problem however it seems to me you think

1 - First, get into a 3D view, and click and drag to select all the elements.

- The 2D view, for example, plane (level) down the Ctrl key elements of the plan and go with the next two, for example,

choose a  Dimenssion line.

You can now use the Move Tool to move the elements.

2 - The second method:

You can open a new file and the files in it to Link.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Moving the entire building (while possible) is not recommended, especially for such as trivial purpose. The error you are getting there means that some of your elements are going to lose their association with each other. Not good. Also, there are many issues that will crop up, especially with others who are coordinating with your Model. Additionally, it is probable that may not select every element, which will cause more problems of course. And lastly, moving the entire model will cause significant problems with your Annotations in your Views. You'd have to go to each one to relocate any text, generic annotations, etc.

Simple answer: DO NOT move the model. Instead, mode the Elevation Tags to accommodate your model's position.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
JamaL9722060
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Many thanks for the help guys.

Perfect. Then better to move the tags rather than the drawing. this answers my question.

Best

Jamal

---------------------------
Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report