Revit Architecture

dupuisj
Message 1 of 1 (262 Views)

Move project to the 0,0,0 of the intern coordinate?

262 Views, 0 Replies
09-05-2012 02:26 PM

Hi,

Is there a way to move a project to the 0,0,0 internal coordinate of Revit? I often have to insert different Revit link in a project so I’m trying to make easier the insertion of a revit link (for example a structure Revit link into architecture Revit file. If all the Revit file use the point (0,0,0) of the Revit project internal coordinate, I could use origin to origin to place the link without having to move the link. I know that I can use the shared parameters but I have to place manually the link at the right place the first time. Is there another way to do this? I tried to use the API to move the project, but I have got problems to move elements that are associated with a Work Plan and to move on the Z axis.

Thanks.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube