Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse or Graphics issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stephen.alicandro
540 Views, 4 Replies

Mouse or Graphics issue

I have a student version of Revit 2012 and using it on a HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition laptop. I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse. Just recently, I've noticed that when I open any Revit file, my screen is black where the model is ( I can see the toolbar interface fine). I have to click into the model for the image to appear white. I'm also having issues using the wheel for zooming and panning. I can zoom and pan, but can't control the actions smoothly or with any accuracy. I have checked my mouse software to see if the wheel was assigned to the Middle Button (I tried the Generic one and that didn't work). Any suggestions? I have checked for the latest graphics drivers and I still using the one that was able to work in Revit before. Should I try to re-install Revit 2012? If so, will I need a new activation code? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I doubt that it is the mouse. But it might be hardware acceleration. Go to the Application Menu (big "R") and choose Options at the bottom. Then click on the Graphics tab I think. Uncheck hardware acceleration and see if that does the trick. 

paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I did try that in the options menu in Revit with little difference.. I even tried a corded mouse, but no difference. I'm now noticing that the keyboard (either my wireless Logitech one and the laptop ). Is slow to respond to any commands ( like Delete Or any keystroke shortcuts). I also tried to repair the program using the Control Panel with no difference. I believe my only option is to try to uninstall and re-install. Do you agree?
Message 4 of 5

After doing a re-install and unchecking the Graphics Accelerator box in Options of Revit.  Things are working again.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 5

Terrific. Glad to hear it.
paul

Paul F. Aubin

Paul F. Aubin Consulting Services, Inc.
Check out my books and training videos
paulaubin.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report