Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monolithic Stair - How to Display Only Concrete in Plan View

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
vas.ili.smyroglou
4135 Views, 9 Replies

Monolithic Stair - How to Display Only Concrete in Plan View

Hello.

I use all the time L shape and U shape winder stairs in combination with the Monolithic Type.

We use to concrete the monolithic part of the stairs and then dress the stairs with treads and risers.

The new tool looks that working very nice.

So OK I draw the U shape winder stair and of course i want to construct the stairs.

I want to prepape a detail plan view with dimensions only for the Monolithic Part (Concrete) of the stair but i can't find a way to dispay only the monolithic part without Treads and Riser.It is possible in 3d view but no in plan view.

The news tool that calculate winder stairs is "half job done" if i can't print with dimension the concrete part of the winder stairs.

Thanks in advance.

Vasilis

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Can you upload an example. Copy the stair from your file > purge and post.

Thank you,

Message 3 of 10

This is a 30 second example from my template.

Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 10

What if you go to Visibility Graphics > Stairs , and turn off Riser lines and Nosing lines? Would that be the kind of view that you need?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 10

No ... if I do what you said I end up with the first view (attachment)

I want to end up to the second view (attachment) and display only concrete but in plan view mode in order to dimension.

The second attachment come from a 3d view in Top Orientation where when I turn off the VG --> Stairs --> Treads/Risers element Revit do what it has to do and turn off the Treads/Risers.

In plan view whatever I turn off from VG --> Stairs can't manage to turn off Treads + Risers.

The most strange is if i choose in Visual Style --> Wireframe I can't see the Concrete edges.

Message 6 of 10

It is strange. It is the second strange thing I see in these new Stairs by component.

Well, if that does not work with Visibility Graphics, I would do this, then: from the top 3d view, do > Model lines > Pick lines  > pick all the lines that you need. Go back to the floor plan. Select all around the stairs > Filters > Model lines > Convert lines. This will convert all the model lines into Detail lines. Make a group, that includes the stair and the detail lines. Now, add the dimensions.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 10
alan.quinn
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Sounds like a good solution. Thanks for posting.

Message 8 of 10

Yes I have test it and is working ... but someone can explain why in Wireframe mode (Plan View) I can't see the concrete part of the stair and in the 3d View i can.

Message 9 of 10

It's a shame that a BIM-structural product what has all the information from the stair cannot represent in plan view just the structure. Or the structure hidden line with risers.
It is a must in architectural drafting. We can represent or hide risers and treads in section or 3d not in ploor plan??? I couldn't believe my eyes that can be happen in 2015.

All respect Revit but why? Why not with VG or Linework tool?
All the silly workaround to draw by hand what is in the model, and redraw when parameters changing. I cry.

Message 10 of 10

Under Properties of floor plan, place the same floor plan as "underlay" and "lookdown." Then hidden concrete edges of the stairs can be seen in "wireframe mode." Then you can apply "line work" tool to make those hidden edges to show up in "normal hidden view mode."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report