Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modular Wall

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mansoordeahmed
1331 Views, 5 Replies

Modular Wall

Hi, 

I want to create a modular Dry Wall, with a u profile running on its four side. So far İ am able to make a wall with a standard panel width of 1 Meter but couldnot able to place a U-profile across its four sides. In addition at time their is a possbıliıty that U-profile spans over three panels instead of just one. I have attached two files one is what i have developed so far and second images contains what i want to achieve. Plz help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I think that : Using Curtain Wall with infilled panels - Basic Wall and mullions with the desired profil will slove the problem.....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 6

Thanks , i am trying to make a custom mullion but facing the problem.The selected mullion profile either contains more that one profile loop or an open profile loop and cannot be used . Valid prfiles can oly have a single continuous cloase profile loop

Regards, 

Message 4 of 6

You have to make a closed profile as in real life.

In real life there is no object without thicknes.....you can use an offset of 1mm for instance and this use a closed profile...something like in my image ....

Image 000.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 5 of 6

I think i am almost their. Is their any way of rotating the direction of Mullion as it is isntalled coorectly on te top however the isntallation direction on the side is opposite.

Message 6 of 6

• the Profile-Mullion Family shows very clear how you must made the Profile ( Image 1)
  • If you want to rotate the profile of the mullion you can do it : selct the Mullion > Properties > Edit Type >Constraints > Angle - rotate at the desired angle
  • All the mullions from the family will rotate. So, if you want to rotate only some of the mullions, then make another family...that means you wil have two families

Image 001.png

Image 002.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report