Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying floors

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mattfalacinski
369 Views, 5 Replies

Modifying floors

Hi,

I have a finished revit model and i am trying to use it to help the construction process. All the floors in the museum are concrete floors, and because of the large spans that they have to cover, the concrete has to be poured as a dome shape (please see picture), so when the formwork supports are removed, the concrete slab will deflect under it's own weight and level out. so here is my question: can you modify the floors using pick points to represent this dome shape? when i modify the floors in revit, i add pick points and then pull them up, and revit modifies the floor using straight lines, where as i need curved lines. i have attached a picture of what i want the floor to look like when i pull the pick points up. is this possible without having to re-draw all the floors?

thanks,

Matt
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Wouldn't´ it be enough to provide 2D construction details of the framework?
What benefit would it be to spend time and effort in modeling this temporary condition of the floors?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6

Alfredo,

Thanks for your response. the reason i need to do this is because the supports under the formwork need to be set at a specific height and i need to specify this height. i know what the elevation should be at the peak, and i know where the elevation is zero, but the supports will be at random locations through out the "dome" and i need to find these elevations. normally i would use autocad, using splines and the egdesurf command to get the surface and then i would be given the location of the supports so i can measure what the height should be, but this takes a lot of time (drawing all the surfaces), especially when there are 1000 points to define.

thanks for your intrest,

matt
Message 4 of 6

Did you consider all this work and room for error before choosing this construction method? It doesn´t seem to be less work in Revit than in AutoCAD. You will need to identify those points anyhow, and it will take some time either way. Perhaps in AutoCAD you could use a lisp routine to give you a list of all the x,y.z values of all the intersections of the mesh.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6

thanks for the great idea about the lisp routine. i will try that. the construction method was not chosen by me so i don't really have any influence in that decision. i realize that finding all of those points will take time, but i don't want to spend more time redrawing all the floors because the architec provided me with a revit model. i was hoping that i could use the floors that are in the revit model, and modify them instead of redrawing everything in cad. do you know if there is any way that i could modify the floors in revit to represent the dome shape?

thanks
Message 6 of 6

Perhaps it can be done with solids and voids, but I don't find it easy, and assuming that it could be done, I don't know of a tool in Revit to identify the coordinates of each intersection of the resulting mesh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report