Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Curtainwall - Storefront

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
david.rosen
4168 Views, 11 Replies

Modifying Curtainwall - Storefront

I have several storefront curtainwalls. The default Storefront places horizonal mullions at 8 FT centers vertically. So, a 10 FT high storefront will have one horizontal mullion at 8 FT. I unlocked the grid for those mullions and changed the dimension to 3 FT which moves the mullion down. One of the storefronts allowed me to re-pin the grid after moving it. But only one. The pin does not show up on the other segments when I select the mullion gridline. Why?

Second question - Is there a way to creat a storefront style that already has a single horizontal mullion at 3 FT?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
LisaDrago
in reply to: david.rosen

Hello - You can select each grid line and pin it from the modify tab, modify panel, pin... or PN for a keyboard shortcut.

As for the second question see image attached... You can preset  the offset to get the 4' offset before you place the wall.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 12
david.rosen

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried your suggestion; however, the horizontal mullion is placed every 4 FT vertically. I only want one horizontal mullion above the floor, not an array of them.

Message 4 of 12
LisaDrago

I see what you are saying - when I do a fixed number and put 1 - it gives me 2.

I can find no way around this other then deleting the 2nd one - which you are probably already doing.

Sorry I was not of more assistance

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 12
david.rosen
in reply to: LisaDrago

Now if there was a way to set the top of the storefront as the baseline for the horizontal mullion spacing, I could make it work - 10FT high storefront with mullion spacing vertically at 7 FT would give me one mulliion 3 FT above FF.

Message 6 of 12
LisaDrago

Well you can - set the justification to end. But it still puts 2 in - not one. 

I have to admit that is really annoying.

LD

Message 7 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: LisaDrago

I don't think it can be done with just type properties, only by combining type properties + instance properties:

cw_3feet.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 8 of 12

Yeah, there is no way to create a Storefront type that places the mullion where I want it because the Horizontal Grid Pattern justification is per instance and is not a parameter of the type. Too bad.

Message 9 of 12

What is so dfficult in selecting all instances of this type, and applying an offset value?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 10 of 12
david.rosen

Well, actually, it is a little easier. Once I modify the parameters of a storefront segment before I place it, that becomes the default setting for the subsequent instances created. So, I just have to get it right the first time. Selecting multiple items in Revit can be tedious and it is also difficult to see if the multiple items are actually selected. By getting it right the first instance, I dont have to spend time squinting so much.

Message 11 of 12

You see? it was not too bad; then I suggest that you mark the post as the solution. 🙂

Also, selecting multiple items is tedious? Only if you select one by one, but there are several methods for selecting multiple objects quickly.

Message 12 of 12
cnaranjo

Great trick. Thank you Freddy Medina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report