Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Ribbon error

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
arnel01
8220 Views, 48 Replies

Modify Ribbon error

I will try to explain my situation the best as I can. 

When an item is selected in the model, the modify ribbon changes the icon for the specific object. But when I'm selecting an item there are no additional icons. As you can see the topography is selected and the modify tab is available but no modification icons. Is does the same with any other object.

I have reinstall Revit, I have tried registry fix, I have uninstall the frame network 4.5 beta, I have upgraded the video card drivers, I have format all the pc and installing a fresh Windows 8 costumer preview and have run it with compatibility mode in windows 7 and vista. The software (Revit) was working fine and for no apparent  reason it started with this problem. 

The pc is running 

Intel i7 940

12 GB ram

Windows 8 64-bit OS

Ati Radeon HD 4870 x2

3 Western Digital Raptors in Raid-5

revit problem modify ribbon ex1 small.jpg

48 REPLIES 48
Message 21 of 49
al.armiger
in reply to: arnel01

Same issue with VS 2012 and .net 4.5 breaking Revit on W7 x64.

Uninstalled 4.5 installed 4.0, Revit works Robot Happy VS broken Robot Sad

Autodesk need to release hotfix for this asap as VS 2012 is the default from Microsoft now.

Regards,

Al

Message 22 of 49
p_lue
in reply to: al.armiger

hello,

the issue is at last solved with the update 2.

here is the link where you can download the on you need.

http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.de/2012/10/revit-2013-update-2-download-links.html

Message 23 of 49
joespiff

Any news on a similar patch for Revit 2012?  It may be early 2014 before our last Revit 2012 projects are finally ready to archive.  If Revit 2014 uses the lastest .NET framework (which seems to be the pattern) then my deployment situation will get very complicated if I have to choose between having Revit 2014 available and having Revit 2012 usable.

Message 24 of 49
andresmtzc
in reply to: p_lue

Thank you for the helpful information Peter!

At laaaaaaaaast. This makes me so happy. It is working for me now. Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 49
al.armiger
in reply to: andresmtzc

The service pack may have fixed the ribbon issue but Revit is now completely unstable, hanging every two or three commands. Gonna remove MS VS and .net 4.5 again.

Are any others having stability issues?

Al

Message 26 of 49
andresmtzc

Working flawless on my Windows 8 after applying the 2013 Update 2. I am not experiencing the same issue you are.

Message 27 of 49
al.armiger
in reply to: andresmtzc

No offence, but W8? I know people still on XP!

.net 4.5 is likely to be W8 optimised which would make sense, unfortunately most corporate bunnies, like myself, won't have this option for some time. Robot Embarassed

Message 28 of 49
al.armiger

Just finished the uninstalls and Revit is back to normal, for now at least.

Obviously if it's working for you keep going but for me there is an issue so it's gone.

Al

Message 29 of 49
arnel01

Hi!

AL armiger you are right, a lot of people still running windows XP because it was so stable and with today’s hardware works great. But since windows vista AutoCAD 2007+ was having installation issues and the OS was so awful we keep looking forward .Windows 8 release October 26, 2012 but the pre-release version has been available from Microsoft precisely to test what might have to be fixed. 

I personally quit the wait in a fix from Autodesk, I formatted my system and returned to Windows 7 64 to keep working.

I appreciate all post in this forum. I Hope this has help may people. This forum has been seen by more people than I expected.

Message 30 of 49
al.armiger

Did you downlaod the correct update there may be variations depending on Suite, standalone product etc.

Message 31 of 49
rleckstein

Revit 2013 service pack 2 solves this problem. Works on my Windows 8 machine correctly after installing service pack 2.

Message 32 of 49
wlburks

The problem is he is running Windows 8 which .net 4.5 is essential to Windows 8 so you can not remove it, or at least I dont think you can.

Message 33 of 49
joaorcunha

I am experiencing the same problem with Revit 2012, after installing Autodesk 2014 Beta Software that includes .net 4.5.

It's terribly annoying to work with this issue, having to cycle through panel titles, tabs and buttons to find the command I need.

Can we expect a solution for Revit 2012 to solve this problem?

Crazy for BIM since 2007...
Message 34 of 49
charliecroft

Hi

Massive thanks for the fix, Revit was almost un usable without this service pack. I guess we can expect a few teathing problems when changing to a new OS.

Again , thanks

Message 35 of 49
Rustle

So far Autodesk only supports 2013 products in Windows 8.  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

They will have to come out with a patch for 2012 by the time 2014 comes out or we will not be able to use both on the same computer. 

Some of our projects can not be upgraded out of 2012 due to contractual agreements with our partners.

Message 36 of 49
joespiff
in reply to: Rustle

If you are on the Revit 2014 beta, be sure to issue a bug on this.  I already did this, and I also spoke personally to some of the developers at AU about the issue.  I've heard several times from the developers and their management that the issues that have more complaints and that impact the bottom line (theirs and ours) tend to rise to the top of the list.  This definitely qualifies.

Message 37 of 49
chrislutz

We are also experiencing the same "ribbon" issue in Revit MEP 2012 after .NET 4.5 was installed. Forunately, it was only installed on a couple machine vs the whole company. We uninstalled the .NET 4.5 and reinstalled 4.0.

We are a MEP firm and don't always have the ability to upgrade to the next version of Revit on all projects. Our clients sometimes don't have the newest version so we have to have multiple version installed / supported. Currently we have Revit MEP 2011, Revit MEP 2012 and Revit 2013 on the same system. In a couple months we will have a 4th version that we will have to support.

It would be nice if Autodesk did fix the issue by releasing a patch. It sure would make our support lives much easier and and the effort in creating that patch would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Message 38 of 49
VincentPiHsu

Update 2 solved my ribbon problem too. I am on Revit Architecture 2013, Windows 8. Thanks a bunch!

Message 39 of 49
anthonyhauck
in reply to: joaorcunha

Hi.

Yes you can. We recognize the issue and are working on a fix for Revit 2012.

We hope to issue it in the near future.

Anthony A. Hauck

Senior Product Line Manager

Revit

Message 40 of 49
adam.jw
in reply to: chrislutz

Same problem here! MEP 2012 is broken. I'm uninstalling .Net 4.5 right now. I hope it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report