Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify/Create Stair Tab not Appearing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mblack47
434 Views, 6 Replies

Modify/Create Stair Tab not Appearing

I have a student that has installed Revit 2013 free download to his home computer.  When he is attempting to edit the residential staircase in our project, he cannot access the Modify/Create Stair tab at all.  When he highlights the stairs and clicks the Edit Stairs button it does nothing.  The Modify/Create Stairs tab does not pop up.  Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
luna.ye
in reply to: mblack47

Hi,

Did you install Revit 2014? If yes, please refer to the following link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Hope this helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 7

No Luna, i believe they installed "Revit 2013" as stated. That being said, mblack, can they see the Architecture Tab? If not, this may be the problem, in which case try clicking the big R in the upper left, click options > User Interface, and check the Architecture tab. If this tab is on, then no clue!
Message 4 of 7

Or that could have been a typo, in which case, please ignore my snark.
Message 5 of 7
David_W_Koch

Installation of .NET 4.5 will cause issues with the ribbon in the 2013 and 2012 versions of Revit.  (One way that could happen is if Revit 2014 or Revit 2015 were to be installed.  Or the computer may started out with .NET 4.5, or another program may have installed it.)  A hotfix for 2012 (Update Release 2 must be installed) and Update Release 3 for 2013 fix this issue.  Links to the commercial versions of these updates can be found in this blog article.  I am not certain if the same updates work on the student version.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 7
mblack47
in reply to: luna.ye

The student had actually loaded Revit 2014 and then loaded Revit 2013 as that is what we are running in the classroom and you cannot back save the files.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  He currently has both 2013 and 2014 on his computer.  I am not familiar with .NET 4.5.  Thank you for your responses, at least I am getting some suggestions.   🙂

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

@mblack47 wrote:

The student had actually loaded Revit 2014 and then loaded Revit 2013 as that is what we are running in the classroom and you cannot back save the files.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  He currently has both 2013 and 2014 on his computer.  I am not familiar with .NET 4.5.  Thank you for your responses, at least I am getting some suggestions.   🙂

Revit 2014 installs .NET 4.5 (and removes previous versions of .NET).  That is what is causing the ribbon problems.  As previously noted, installing Update Release 3 for Revit 2013 will fix the issue in that release.  Anyone running a 2012 version of Revit will need to verify that Update Release 2 for 2012 has been installed, and then apply the hotfix.  My previous post has a link to an article in my blog that has links to the various commercial versions of those updates.  I am not certain if those also work on the educational version or if you need to find the educational version of the updates/hotfixes at the educational site.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report